New York: (212) 279-3334 New Jersey: (973) 539-4466

Surrogate's Practice

Often an incapacitated person requires an independent party to oversee his/her physical and financial well-being. Local courts will appoint an independent guardian to act in the person's best interests. Both partners are experienced in this area. Court applications are also necessary to declare an individual as "an incapacitated person", particularly when an individual reaches the age of eighteen and must have someone, (typically a parent), to manage his/her affairs. These applications are technical. Our backgrounds in medical malpractice help us and our clients to navigate the maze of medical conditions and terminology in this arena.